In your organization, it’s likely that you care about your revenue, the quality of your product or service, and the satisfaction of your customers. One of the main drivers for those three standards is your employee engagement.
Employee engagement is the overall sentiment of workers on things such as passion and pride in their work, and the mission of your company. Engaged employees are proud to tell other people where they work, believe in the mission of the company, and feel they are recognized for their work, and talents are well utilized. Workers who are engaged are motivated, creative and productive.
Businesses grow with more engaged workers. Consider these statistics:
- Companies with higher engagement rates have 51% higher productivity
- Engaged employees outperform disengaged employees by up to 28%
- Businesses with highly engaged employees achieve nearly double the annual net income of businesses with less engaged employees
- Organizations with higher employee engagement have higher shareholder returns - by around 9%
- Companies with engaged employees outperform those without by roughly 202%
While the benefits of employee engagement are clear, it remains one of the biggest struggle for companies across the country. Studies reveal only 29% of the American workforce is engaged - and roughly 26% are actively disengaged, meaning they are working hard to tear others and your organization down. Gallup estimates actively disengaged employees cost the U.S. economy nearly half a trillion dollars each year.
What makes employee engagement so valuable for businesses? To put it simply: Better profits.
Drive employee engagement to raise revenue and lower turnover.
Engaged employees aren’t just more productive workers - overall, they are happier, remain with the organization longer, and tend to be more philanthropic. It is often said that employees don’t quit their job - they quit their boss. Employee engagement relies on:
- Employee relationship with their direct manager.
- Trust in senior leadership
- Pride in the company.
Invest in engagement and outperform your competition.
WORK INSTITUTE CAN HELP
We would love the opportunity to earn your business. Call us now to schedule your free consultation to discuss your employee engagement challenges.